Monday, July 20, 2009

Moving Week

The week before I left for London was beyond busy. I moved houses on Monday and Tuesday. A huge thank you to my parents, Robert, Will and Michelle. I couldn't have done it without them. With their help the move was fairly painless. I moved my bedroom furniture into the house and everything else went into storage. I have had two garage sales over the past year and I thought I had lost most of my junk, but that is not the case. I still have a lot of crap. I guess 8 complete sets of dishes (12 place setttings each), 5 different sets of chargers and 3 different sets of glasses leaves plenty of boxes to be stored away. Over the past year 90% of my stuff had remained packed up in the garage, so I think Robert was a bit surprised as we loaded up the truck.

(The Saturday night before I moved I cut a huge gash in my big toe. The cut produced enough blood to look like a crime scene. It made for an interesting evening.)

In preparation for a 10 day journey I took two of my Texas Examinations. Wednesday morning I took my Special Education (EC-12) test. It was long and tedious. My brain was completely fried by the end of the test. On Thursday morning I took the ESL test, which was not easy as well. The great news is that I passed them both with flying colors. YEA!!!!! Two more things out of the way!!!!!!

Will and Michelle had planned a July 3rd party at the house for Friday. I was very sad I was going to miss out on the party, so we partied that morning. I got up and made a yummy "cooking light" breakfast. Well...I use the term "yummy" loosely. It was actualy "esgusting" in the words of Madisyn. Robert and I got about 2 hours of swimming in before it was time to go.

With all of this going on and the busyness of the trip it was a good thing I dropped my summer school class. This has been very strange, but I am going to make it. I just have to keep finding things to do, so I don't get too bored.

No comments: