Tuesday, April 6, 2010

He fulfills my every need....

The last three weeks of my life have been rather eventful - to say the least.
Friday, March 26, 2010, I signed the papers for my new house. Yes, I am officially a home owner (in 2040 - hehehe). I don't want to write this blog about my new digs though (BTW - I LOVE my house). I want to write this blog about how God is always faithful to fulfill my every need.

During these weeks I have had more questions asked about getting married or finding that "special someone". Some people look at me in complete shock - almost as if to say "how dare you do something so crazy". These weeks have been incredibly stressful and challenging logistically and emotionally, but my besties and great parents have been available to help me every step of the way. Despite the negative nancys out there raining on my parade, I have been overwhelmed with the love and support that has been shown to me.

That Friday Will (Michelle and Megan came for moral support) helped me move everything from the storage unit and the house. We got it all done before 7:30 that night. It was a long afternoon, but we made it! Saturday morning everything was at the house waiting for Mom and Dad to arrive. This is exactly how I wanted it. I had Dad there to do manly things like mow the yard, hook up the washer/dryer, hang things on walls, etc. Mom was there to help decorate, which she does MUCH better than me. By the time I went to bed that night every box was unpacked and my livingroom furniture had arrived! Everything was coming together, but still lots of things to get done and....

Just like Dave Ramsey says, emergencies happened in the middle of this big adventure. The power steering and brakes had some major issues in my car, but I have had so many people help me out. Michelle and Mary Michele gave me rides to and from places. Bruce and Kristi let me borrow their car for a day until I could meet my Dad to get my Mom's car. This meant my mom has had to be without a car for a week now, so I could have a way to get around. My car has had to go to three different places for everything to get done. The last appointment is scheduled tomorrow at 2:00, so I should be trading cars again this weekend.

And a HUGE thank you to Mary Michele for sitting at my house (sans internet and cable) to wait for the gas man to come!!!!! There was no way I could take off of work, but without hesitation she gave up her day for me!

I may not have a husband or a boyfriend, but I have plenty of "special someones" in my life! I could have easily started feeling sorry for myself during these weeks, but instead I was able to see God work through the lives of people who were willing to be used by him. People who without reservation gave up their time and energy to help a friend/family member in need. I am so thankful that I have people in my life who have that kind of heart!



*Another Note*

After the marathon adventure the blisters on my feet were so bad that I was unable to walk for 3 days. Yes - I am talking about sitting in a wheel chair - it was RIDICULOUS. Everyone at school was so helpful and allowed me to go barefoot and limited the amount of time I had to spend on my feet. I was so thankful for the help, which allowed my feet to heal faster! I could walk again by Friday! (I was able to wear shoes for the first time 2 days ago - woohoo!)

No comments: