Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hope Now


The dictionary definition of hope is "the the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best."

In a crisis situation everyone clings to hope. They hope the doctor can find a cure. They hope their insurance will pay for the medicine. They hope the surgery can fix the problem.

The past 72 hours I have been filled with hope. I do hope for all of those things, but I am so thankful that hope is more than a feeling. I am so thankful that my hope is grounded in a faith that God is in the midst of what is happening and in complete control of the situation.

My family has been surounded by and loved on by people who share the same hope. I have been overwhelmed by the people who have taken time out of there lives to pray for us and to pray with us. So many people have called and come to the hospital just to show their support.

This morning things have been looking much better. She has been able stand up several times and has experienced no pain. The plan is that tomorrow morning they are going to do a procedure to scope the outside of her heart and determine if any damage has been done there. If all goes well and a private room is available she will be moved out of ICU. (I'm ready for this to happen - as hard as it is to admit - I think getting to see at least 1 grandbaby will be better than lots of medicine.)

Please continue to pray for her and my dad - that they will both get good rest and take care of themselves.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love you, Kris! We will continue praying our end. Hope now!