Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Miss....MIss....MISS" an update on my life

These past two weeks have been crazy. I have been busy trying to wrap things up at UBC, while beginning my new job as a teacher. This will be the first time in my life I have ever been referred to as "Miss Wood". It will definitely be interesting and a change for me. It makes me feel extra old and a little impersonal. I picture the first week of school being pay back for the way we so "respectfully" called on our teachers growing up "Miss....MIss...MISS", as if their entire focus should be directed on me and my needs and desires. I imagine it will be fun. Another interesting firsts this job will entail is the need to relate to 5th graders. Personally I am not convinced 5th graders are relatable, so this will be a challenge for me.

A little side note - I have almost finished decorating my room. I am super excited out it. It is definitely bright and cheery. YEA!!!! Now if I can just the furniture I want/need and get it arranged in a way that is acceptable.

No comments: