Thursday, June 3, 2010

Blog Update

Mom: My mother is making great progress. She gets better every week. A side effect of the current medicine they have her on is fear. She has become agoraphobic. It is interesting and takes extra patience for us to deal with. She is doing so good about making herself get out and about. She will have to go back to work in the fall, so we have a couple of moths to get her better. Please keep her in your prayers. I would like to add that I have the best daddy in the whole world. He is so in love with my mother and has been so attentive to her needs. It is a beautiful thing to watch.

Emergency Room: Wednesday, April 28th, I woke up around midnight with a horrible pain. I was convinced I was dying (overdramatic - I know). I really thought it was apendicitis, so off to the emergency room I went. When I first got there the doctor agreed with my self diagnosis, but after my CT scan it was determined to be kidney stones and blood work showed a uti as well. After spending a night in the hospital, I passed the stone and was able to report to work to finish up with TAKS. It is never a dull moment in my world.

Birthday: This was the best birthday I have ever had!!!! I couldn't have dreamed up a better birthday! I have such wonderful people in my life who helped make my day special and me feel extra loved! I am officially 27 years old and I am ok with that.

Work: The end is in sight! I have almost completed my first year of teaching and it was everything I expected it to be. I loved it! I will miss my kiddos so much this summer! I look forward to our playdates at the park.

Internship: I start my internship at the zoo on Monday. The first week I will be teaching a camp "It's Raining Wild Cats and Dogs" for 4 & 5 year olds. It will be lots of fun. I am sure there will be plenty of stories related to dropped gators and what nots. I anticipate the theme for the summer being "hot".

Summer: My internship will consume a great deal of my summer, but I am looking forward to some nice breaks. I have no "major" vacations planned, but several small trips to visit friends and family. I will be taking a trip to the hill country in July and I am so looking forward to it!!!

No comments: