Monday, September 7, 2009

Entering the Throne Room

This weekend is one I have been waiting for ever since the day I accepted my new job. Two important things happened this weekend that I got to enjoy. I got to enjoy a three day weekend. I got to enjoy a Saturday, Sunday and Monday off of work. It was an absolutely incredible fun filled holiday weekend with my family and friends.

Friday night Michelle, Madisyn and I ran errands together and just enjoyed each other's company. We did girly things - mall, Target, Marshall's and DSW. We had a lot of fun and laughed until we cried.

Robert and I left for Livingston around 1:00 Saturday afternoon (he had a Cross Country Meet Saturday morning). We got to Livingston and enjoyed a nice home cooked meal with family and friends. It was a pretty low key night and we got to rest and relax.

Sunday morning was my first Sunday to go to church after leaving UBC. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience with God. I enjoyed a time of worship with the church family I had grown up with. I got to see people I had not seen in 5 years. We walked into church a few minutes late, threre were no expectations, no questions, no concerns, no responsibilities. I walked into the sanctuary for one purpose and one purpose only - to worship God with my church family. I could never explain to anyone the freedom I felt in that moment. The freedom to embrace the moment and spend time with God. I sat there as I listened to my dad lead the congregation while my mom played the music softly behind him and I felt like a small child again. I felt like I was a little girl listening to my parents, watching their examples, depending on their strength, learning from their wisdom. I truly felt like I had entered the throne room and enjoyed the presence of my God, a place where I can be healed, loved and sanctified in pursuit of pure holiness - I place where I can experience freedom.
Robert and I helped out in the nursery for the second hour. We got to help in Eli and Gauge's class, which was a lot of fun. We just got to play with the kids and spend time with my nephews. Aunt Kristin was super happy! :)

For those people who know my family you will understand how much fun I had enjoying Sunday lunch. My mother's family gets together every Sunday after church to eat lunch together. I have only been able to attend 4 Sunday lunches in the past 5 years, and I enjoyed every second of it. I especially enjoyed watching Robert get cornered by Papa to listen to endless stories of his life. We were no help - we just sat in the other corner and laughed.

That night we all got together for hamburgers, homemade ice cream and the slip-n-slide. Dad and my brothers rolled out plastic down Mema's hill and we used soap, sprinklers and water hoses to make our very own slip-n-slide. (They have done this before, but I have not been able to participate in the events.) Eli, Gauge and Cylas were ready for the fun. Eric has a broke foot and Stephen was on call, so it was just the boys, Puddin and Robert for the fun. They slide down the hill over and over for probably an hour. Everyone had good laughs and good fun. I went down the hill with Robert twice - we laughed - with each other and at each other.

Gauge spent the night last night and Roper came to play all moring. We got some good time to love on them and play with them. All in all I would say the weekend exceeded my expectations - and they were set high!!!!

1 comment:

Robert said...

I have such fond memories from this weekend. I always enjoy any opportunity we can have to grow together spiritually. The spiritual aspect of our relationshiop is the part I'm most anxious to improve.