Saturday, October 17, 2009

Financial Planning

Good 'Ol Dave Ramsey - sometimes I have nightmares about this man!!!!!

I am on baby step #4, which is basically the end for me at the present moment (no house/no kids). Monday at 5:00 I have my first meeting with a Dave Ramsey approved financial planner. I need help determing where to put my retirement from UBC.

I received this piece of paper in the mail stating that I have $_________ in ______ account contributed by employer and employee from 2006-2009. I have three options: blah, blah, blah. You lost me at "Dear Ms. Wood".

I have mixed feelings about this meeting on Monday, but frankly I am just proud of myself. I grew up absolutely terrified of being financially responsible for myself and couldn't wait to have someone else take over the financial part of my life. Through the past three years I have not made all of the right decisions with my money, but I have done pretty well. I have also learned that when I am responsible for my own money I can plan super fun vacations, which has been my favorite part of adulthood. I grew up in a family with not much $$$ and 5 people, so vacations were few and far between.

Over the past 3 years I have been to:
  • Disney World [twice] (My favortie place on earth!!!)
  • London [twice]
  • Seaworld [twice]
  • Indianapolis
  • Atlanta [3x]
  • Tahoe (Beautiful!)

My 2010-2011 Goals: DC and NYC (Saving for vacation is above saving for a couch in my book!)

I am getting all of my paperwork together, including my Dave Ramsey Quickie Budget, and ready for Monday!

I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: