Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Break - Part 1


My first Christmas break as a teacher has officially started. I must say the start to the break has exceeded my expectations. It has been fabulous!!!!
I got to leave school around 12:45 on Friday afternoon and went to Kyle and Mary Michele's house to hang out with Meredith. I had so much fun catching up with her! Friday night Kristi, Mary Michele, Meredith and I had a GNO. We went to Galveston to enjoy yummy Mexican food at Tortuga and the Festival of Lights at Moody Gardens. The weather was perfect and the company was even better. We laughed so hard the people at surrounding tables were giving us looks. Now that is a good time. It was fun to catch up and enjoy some laughs together. This was my first year to enjoy the Festival of Lights and they did not disappoint...well...there were some lights out which stunk....but overall they were beautiful and it was fun!
The night was made complete with frequent updates from Michelle and the arrival of baby Megan!

Saturday morning I got to meet my new roommate Megan Kate Tanner. She is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to watch her grow up! After Will arrived with Madisyn I left to allow them time to hang out as a family.
Saturday was the girls' (Faith, Hope and Joy) 7th birthday. It is hard to imagine that they have gotten so big. When I talked to them on the phone it made my heart melt thinking about how much they have grown up! They had just turned 1 when I first started working for them. WoW - time flies!
I spent the rest of my morning running errands and taking a nap! This is one of the wonderful things about holidays/weekends....uuummmmm!
Saturday afternoon I got my hair done for the holiday season. I love the new color and the girl did a great job on the cut! I'll take pics to show the new do later. Then I went to The Woodlands to hang out with an old friend. We had a great evening catching up and hanging out with each other. Good Times and a fun evening to start the break! :)
I traveled to Livingston this afternoon - just in time to catch the last part of Sunday lunch. I made a stupid comment about not knowing when the Civil War was, so now I get to spend Tuesday morning having a history lesson with Papa - woopee! This will teach me to keep my mouth shut.
I am snug as a bug in my warm bed and happy to be spending time with my family!







3 comments:

Chaos and Coffee said...

You live with the Thomas Family? Shoot all this time I thought you lived with us. Oh well, some chick named Kristin pays us rent each month so I guess we are good!! :-) Her name is Megan Kate Tanner donut!

Kristin said...

That made me laugh out loud - sorry! If it makes you feel any better I have call Lee Ann's Megan "Megan Kate" at least 3 times. I am a donut!!!!!

Jenny said...

haha! The Civil War comment made me laugh out loud. You're in for it!