Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Controlling my Emotions

This week I have been a little bit emotional....ok, ok - I'll be honest with my fellow bloggers - I have been an emotional wreck. It seems like every little thing has made me either cry or be angry.

At school my kids are wired on a Christmas high and teachers are losing patience. It has been a looooonnnnnggggg week in special ed. I have had to deal with some pretty intense situations that some kids are going through, which really I have no control over. It makes me angry at parents and adults that innocent children are hurt physically and emotionally - instead of cared for and nurtured - it literally makes me sick to my stomach.

I am super excited about my very long Christmas break, but I feel like my life will just be a crazy mess for two weeks. I will have fun visiting everybody, but my homebody self will be a little freaked out. I will be spending a lot of time in Livingston - not that I am not in love with my family - but there really isn't much to do there. I am accustomed to going and doing - whatever and whenever.

I just came in my room and decided to do my Advent devotional before heading to the gym. I opened up the book to the wrong day and started reading about accepting the Peace we have, because we know that God is in control. The focus of the devotion was controlling our own emotions. I lost control of my emotions and started to cry. I pray that I will be able to control my emotions throughout this holiday season and that stupid things like Billy Joel cds falling out of books won't make me cry for 30 minutes. (Yes, I do realize that I am stupid - you don't have to tell me.)

I pray that I will trust God's plan for my dad. I pray that I remember that comments made by family members are not intended to hurt me. I pray that my children (from school) will be safe, not afraid and fed during this vacation - and that I remember that I have done all I can do. I pray that my focus for the holiday season is simply to love - and to be loved! :)

I know, I know - I am a total nerd!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Kris! Sorry things are so tough at the moment. We need to have a convo about this. And what a blessing you are in those kids' lives. You may be the only love they have in their lives and you are there for a purpose no doubt! Hey and L-Town will be fun. I only have a day or two there with my fam so I'm a bit jealous although I understand your dilemma. You can make the drag at Sonic! ;) And Billy Joel CDs falling out of books is serious business so I understand. Please know that you are very loved - up above of course and by me.

Love,
A Fellow Nerd