Monday, December 21, 2009

Princess Peanut Buttercup


I adopted my precious Peanut Buttercup 4 years ago and she has been the love of my life ever since. She is the most annoyingly yappy dog and has zero control of her bladder or licking, but I love her anyway. Sunday afternoon I walked in my parent's house and there was no sign of her. She never barked or moved out of her spot. I knew something was wrong. She had started feeling bad Saturday night, but my parents had waited to tell me.

I took her to the vet this morning. They determined that she has injured her back, mainly due to the fact that her spine can't support the extra 5 lbs. she has gained living with Nana and Puddin'. After several x-rays (and lots of $$$) they gave her a shot of morphine and some medicine to take.

When we got home she couldn't keep her eyes open and did nothing but sleep and lay around all afternoon. After taking her medicine tonight she finally started acting more like herself.
The vet found bladder stones on the x-rays and says that it is a result of frequent urinary tract infections (of which I had no clue she was having). The vet says they need to come out - which means surgery. I am leaning towards being a selfish pet owner and forgoing the surgery. I figure if mom has had 4 kidney stones stuck in her bladder for over 2 months now and lived without having surgery then Peanut can handle it too.
Her follow-up appointment is on January 2. I said I was going to send Kev-o to be the one to say "no" to the surgery. In the mean time Peanut is not allowed to jump, climb up or down stairs andd must remain on a strict diet. I hope that and her medicine makes her feel as good as new.
*History Update* My Papa has now called me 3 times to update me on history. I am required to stop by for a book to read before our history lesson. Just so you know he has twice commented on my degrees and how they obviously mean nothing (another jab against A&M for the Texas grad - with a history degree). If you know him you understand that the stupid comment now makes me a complete idiot in his mind.

No comments: