Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Different Life Stages

I was born (almost 26 years ago - yikes) with beautiful blonde hair. I wore my hair long and straight. There were a few times as a young child my hair suddenly become curly after being permed, but basically never really any major difference in my hairstyle.

When I started 8th grade my hair soon began changing colors from beautiful blonde to blah brown hair. The solution - obvious - that is the moment when I first began getting my hair highlighted. After all - blondes do have more fun.

There were a few times here and there that I cut my hair or made a small change, but for the most part my hair remained long, straight and blonde for 23 years.

When I moved to Houston things changed - I became adventurous with my hair-dos. For the past 3 years I have made pretty major changes to my hair at least three times a year. I think it is funny that people here are not surprised at all when my hair is different. They almost expect it. When I see people from other stages in my life they are surprised if my hair is not long, straight and blonde.

I write this because I just spent 10 minutes looking at my hair - trying to decide what to do next. Do I fall under the pressure to change it or do I just not care and leave it alone. I must admit that I do agree - it is a very boring hairstyle for the time being.

To be continued - decisions made by next Thursday!

1 comment:

Chaos and Coffee said...

Oooo can we take a vote?! I vote short and blonde like you did last spring...or maybe that was 2 springs ago....whenever you first whacked it all off!! It was SUPER cute!