Friday, April 24, 2009

On a Night Like This (I probably won't fall in love)

I was incredibly bummed out that I was missing the Dave Barnes concert tonight,
but life is still good.

I spent the morning running around like a chicken with my head cut off (tales from the farm) getting ready to leave for the weekend. My mind was very preoccupied with everything that needed to get done. I am in the middle of finals(yuck), but most of all I wanted to see good 'ol Dave play tonight (and I am so close).

I left Clear Lake around 4:00 and headed this way. I forgot the directions, so I called Julie and had her give me directions over the phone. I made it to Conroe and stopped at my favorite pit stop, buc-ees. I then routed myself through Hempsted to an interesting, to say the least, Brookshire Brothers to get an extension cord. The only way I can make it camping through this weekend is to have computer access. I have a paper, 25 journal articles and stat quiz due by midnight Sunday. I also have a big project due on Tuesday.

I pulled in to Yogi Bear park around 6:00 - the rain had started and my attitude had gone down the drain. So far things have been fun though. A very different camping experience than usual. I hung out with the families for a little bit and then went to watch Narnia at the outdoor theater. It got too cold and I was too tired to finish the movie. I am now sitting in my tiny 1 person tent. I am playing on the internet and listening to my ipod. What has the world come to? Technology has amazed me again tonight.

I must sign off and complete at least 1 assignment before I take my Tylenol PM and go nite-nite.

Cartoons with Yogi at 9:00 am - good times!

No comments: