Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Facebook Therapy

Today I was playing on facebook and found a quiz "Which Personality Disorder Do You Have?". I decided to take the quiz, of course. I openly admit I am crazy and my co-workers refer to my many personalities frequently. I didn't exactly know what to expect, but the answer was not at all what I anticipated.

You see - I have the strangest job to accompany my incredibly awkward personality. I am not a people person at all - I love being alone and could spend weeks at a time with very little interaction with people (at least face-to-face....I might need a facebook status check), but my job requires me to spend a lot of time with people. This is why my friends say I have "multiple personality disorder". The change in me between Sunday at 12:30 and Sunday at 1:15 is very different. I usually don't talk to anyone on Sunday afternoons, because my people limit is maxed out.

Keeping that in mind - Facebook diagnosed me as "Dependent":
You have Dependent Personality Disorder. You can't bear the thought of being left alone by the person closest to you. You are often described as "clingy", and that you are; you go everywhere your significant other goes, even if you don't want to go where s/he's going. You often manipulate your significant other into doing things for you by playing a helpless victim role. Your greatest fear is having to live on your own with no one to take care of you.

It made me laugh - yes - I am "clingy" at certain times with certain people, but I don't know anyone who would use that as a day to day descriptor of my personality.

So I determined 2 things from my facebook experience today:
1) I should not base my perscription needs on the results of a facebook quiz and
2) My friends may describe me as "strange", but I can't find 1 friend on facebook who couldn't add that to their "all about me" list.

2 comments:

Chaos and Coffee said...

Oh girl I am as strange as they get...and I wouldn't have you any other way!!

Kristin said...

evidently facebook says i should be names annie too - what a day!