Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I am thankful for...food, clothes and shelter

This morning I worked at the local shelter to help them prepare for the holiday madness. The work I did was pretty low key - I just packed up boxes to be shipped out on Thursday to shut-ins. Although I didn't have social interaction with people needing assistance, I did have time to think about the blessings I have. One of the things we packed up was water bottles filled with powdered laundry detergent. Little things like that get taken for granted so easily.

Two things from today:
1) I need to be more grateful for the "things" I so easily have in my life.
2) I need to spend more of my time and energy helping those who don't have the luxury of running to the store to get anything you want much less need.

So far it has been a GREAT Thanksgiving holiday and I have a lot to be thankful for!

No comments: