Friday, November 20, 2009

I am thankful for...The Blazines and The Wilsons

When I moved to Houston 3 years ago I had the hardest time leaving College Station behind. I had developed wonderful lasting friendships, had an unforgetable college experience and had spent countless hours investing in the lives of small children. I seemed to miss the kids more than anything especially the family I used to nanny for.

When I started my job at UBC I immediately bonded with the Blazine family. They had triplets AND Kristi is an aggie. We had an instant connection. The best thing was that they even let me babysit their kids, so that I could get a little triplet fix! They helped me feel at home! On top of the personal connection we had, Kristi AND Bruce volunteered in Preschool!!!!!

The next summer the Wilson came into our lives and it got even better. I worked with Kyle at the church and it was nice to have a new friend on staff. He was always available for a venting session or a laugh at work. He also helps me with dad type stuff like fixing my car, moving refrigerators and stuff like that. Mary-Michele is just plain fun! She is always willing to listen and laugh!

Throughout the past two years I have become GREAT friends with Kristi and Mary Michele. Even though they are busy with husbands and they each have four kids, they are always willing to take some time to hang out. I always feel like I am important in their lives and someone special to them and their families.

I am in the process of getting ready for a "Girls Night Out" with them before we head off for the Thanksgiving holidays. Tonight is a great example of how special they are to me - they both have plenty on their plates with packing for the holidays and were willing to come hang out with me. I was in desperate need of some girl time and they never questioned it.

I love you girls!!!!!!

No comments: