Saturday, November 14, 2009

My hats off to people in retail....

Several months ago I went to a wine tasting with some friends. I noticed the store needed extra workers for the "Nutcracker Market", so I signed up to help for some extra holiday cash. Translated this means I must have been a nut on some crack. This was the worst idea I have EVER had. The people seemed very unorganized throughout the training and getting the scheduling done, which was also the case on Thursday morning. Unorganized and grippy would be the two words I would use to describe them. On top of the chaos that filled the air I had to deal with everything else. Grumpy customers, snobby rich women and my feet feeling like someone was driving stakes through them. It was AWFUL! I was scheduled to work today too, but at 11:00 pm when they called to change my schedule for the 3rd time I just told them to count me out. I was a quitter! Instead I got to enjoy the day shopping with my mom and sis-in-law. I will take the walk of shame next Friday to pick up my giftcard. This money was intended to be spent for Christmas presents, but instead I have determined I will buy myself some goodies for a long days work!

In return I gave my hairdresser extra tip last night! I tip my hat to people who deal with that on a daily basis and I have learned to appreciate my job just a little more!

No comments: