Saturday, November 21, 2009

I am thankful for...Michelle (Will, Madisyn and Megan)

My first week of work in June 2006 was incredibly scary for me. I moved to one of the biggest cities in the world and didn't know anyone. This small town girl was a little bit overwhelmed. After a couple of weeks of cold sholders from the girls (Courtney, Julie and Michelle) we finally broke through the awkwardness and became friends. These are friendships that I will be eternally grateful for.

The years past and people moved - life situations changed - but Michelle and I have stayed great friends. There is very little about my incredibly complicated life that she does not know - and she still loves me. :)

We have had plenty of times being insanely silly together and times where we just cried together. She has been with me through good days at work and bad months at work, plenty of relationships, nights of OGKL, and crazy nights with Krystal.

The past year has been busy for both of us. She got married, is having a new baby and changed jobs. I well.... I guess all I did was change jobs - but I must be a little more dramatic than she is. Anyway our new jobs took us away from spending the days together at work. It was a sad thought. The even worse news was that Dave Ramsey required us to make plans with the new salaries we would be dealing with (both less than we were making before). Michelle, Will, Madisyn and Megan graciously allowed me to move in with them. YEA!

We don't get to see each other much, but I am so thankful for the time we do get to spend together. I can't imagine how little we would get to spend together if I didn't live in the guest room. Because of their generosity, I am still able to plan vacations and go out to eat. More than the money they save me I am thankful for the friendship we have!

I love you, Michelle!
Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Chaos and Coffee said...

Aw, totally just cried!! I LOVE YOU!

Kristin said...

Why the heck did you just cry - preggers girl.....Love you!