Sunday, May 10, 2009

Legacy

Today is Mother's Day! I think my mother is wonderful and I am thankful for her! As I think about my mother's legacy and what she has taught me to be - I would say the thing that sticks out the most is her desire to care for others. Growing up I always watched her give to others. When people were sick or hurting or busy she was always willing to help out in any way that she could. Today, on the day dedicated to honor her, she spent her day caring for my dad. My dad went into the hospital on Thursday and she has spent every moment with him caring for him! Selflessly she spent her days in the hospital room waiting patiently for doctors and nurses to help make him comfortable. Although I am sad she didn't get a day to herself (and even more sad that I didn't get to see her), I am incredibly grateful to have a woman as wonderful as her in my life. I pray that if one day I become a wife and a mother that I can be as supportive and caring as she is! I love you mom!

No comments: