Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pajamas

Today the Weekday Education program at the church had "Pajama Day" and they cordially invited the church staff to participate with them. I have been anxiously anticipating this day for weeks. My heart rejoiced as I awoke this morning - the long awaited day had arrived. I carefully chose my favorite "valentine" pajama shorts from GAP and a nice A&M t-shirt. I could not wait.

When I taught we had "Thursday Theme Day" in Squirrelville - and pajama day was my favorite. When we studied letter 'b' - theme day was "bedtime - wear your pajamas, letter "j" - theme day was "jammies", "p" - pajamas. You get the picture. It was fun. The kids loved it, my teaching assistants loved it and I loved it. There is just something about wearing your pajamas to work.

The day has ended and I am headed home from work, but there is a little sadness in my heart. When I was a teacher I could participate in childlike activities to engage myself with the children. Everyday day was a new adventure as our imaginations ran wild with excitement. Being a "grown-up" means I come to work - in regular clothes and participate in regular adult activities - like meetings. yuck. Maybe as Director, Preschool Ministries I will try to incorporate at least a quarterly theme day to raise the spirits around here. Fun should be had - even by adults!!!!

No comments: