Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Yard Work

I have found that with teachers things around the house get put off until summer. It is assumed that the built in two months of vacation should be a perfect time for the small jobs. With my mother being a teacher, I learned this at a young age and have accepted this as part of life with Robert. Robert teaches at a private school and summer started for them this weekend, so project time has begun.

Yesterday, Memorial Day, my parents came to Katy and Dad and Robert worked on stuff around the house together. It was a funny and very interesting day. I found myself concerned about both my Dad and Robert. Are they getting along? Is dad explaining what he needs Robert to do? Does dad realize that Robert is not one of my brothers? Is Robert helping? Is he nervous? Is he worried that the plumbing in his house is fixing to explode with one more bang (because I was)?

The day ended with three things on the to-do list marked off and (I think) everyone happy. It was a very interesting day in the life of our relationship.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Kris, just step away from the manly bonding. Best to let it run its course and assess the damage later. At least that is what I have experienced during the BF And Dad Unite Phenomenon. Funny isn't it? :)