Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pain in the Neck

Grey's Anatomy has been one of my favorite shows for many years. (I must say that this season I have been less than impressed, but remained a faithful viewer.) I remember watching a Nightline (or something similar) about Grey's during the 2nd or 3rd season. During the show they pointed out that the medical cases on Grey's mimic the issues involved in the personal lives on the doctors. After seeing the Nightline episode I have always been able to find the analogies between the cases and characters in each episode. (I also see it in Private Practice.)

What analogy does this have to my life?

For the past two weeks I have been excessively tired. I mean more tired than what is "normal" for an adult with any kind of life. I wake up exhausted and just want to go back to bed. This morning when I woke up at 6:30 I decided "heck with it" I am going back to sleep. I will wake up at 8:00 and be at work by 9:00. No big deal - nothing on the books until 10:00. So this is what I did. I rolled over and went back to sleep for peaceful dreams. I woke up at 8:00 - excited to be refreshed and start the busy day with energy - WRONG! I woke up with the worst pain in my neck and it has not gone away all day.

I feel like it was a nice analogy to a busy day. My day was filled with busy meetings with lots of work and homework hanging over my head. I felt like everyone and everything were just here to annoy me or add to my pain. I felt like my work at my job, my friendships and my relationships was pointless. The world around me was a "pain in my neck" today!

I am glad the day is over! I am headed to the gym and then to bed. I vow to wake up tomorrow with a realistic view of what lies ahead - I mean lets face it - I am known for being cynical - why change that now?

No comments: